The vision and mission of the organization will be achieved through the following strategic objectives:
Provision of capacity building and strengthening to our partners which includes NGOs, CBOs, government institutions and private entities.
- Identify challenges through OCAT diagnostic tool and develop a strategy to address the problem.
- Formulate solution optical for addressing the capacity concerns through capacity building and incorporating ad optic management to changes.
- Contract a result and feedback framework for continual follow ups.
Promote appropriate technological solutions to improve living conditions of rural communities targeting individual households while having least effect on the environment.
- Sustainable Rural Housing – alternative building construction like use of stabilized soil blocks for sustainable shelter for cost effective housing and environmental conservation.
- Household Energy for cooking and lighting – appropriate technologies that are less costly, time saving, wood/biomass saving, less emission e.g. different types of improved cook stoves, solar lighting – sustainable energy.
- Load lighting/time reducing of women work-burden (technologies/practices)– reduce time and labor for land tilling, firewood collection and water fetching e.g.hippo water roller, backyard woodlots, roof or canvas rainwater harvesting.
- Appropriate technology in primary healthcare delivery– that can supply essential health services to communities to improve women’s and children’s health e.g.bicycle & motorbike ambulance, household bios and water filters, solar briefcase to light child delivery, those used in waste management, food safety, hand washing, etc
Promote appropriate technological solutions to reduce drudgery and improve rural production and diversify livelihood, reduce post-harvest losses and increase value addition for improved income.
- Agriculture – appropriate technology that reduces labor burden and increase productivity – in land preparation, sowing and fertilizing, pest control, harvesting, water lifting, livestock care, beekeeping – leading to improve food production – focus on agriculture techniques, plant and breeds and any other appropriate tools and resources e.g. use of ox ploughs and carts.
- Post-Harvest and small scale agro processing – identifying and promoting adoption of cost effective appropriate postharvest loss reduction and value addition technologies at household or at small women cooperative level e.g. the zero evaporative coolers, metallic drum silos, solar dryers.
Promote appropriate systems and business solutions (with market and financial support) to assist micro and small agro/artisan-based enterprises (farm/non-farm)to produce products (and value addition) for local consumption and for sale to increase income.
- Value addition: – This involves processing animal products, honey, fruits and vegetables to make a number of products. The products so far made include yogurt, honey, juices, jams, sauces, pickles, nectars, wine, starch, dried fruit & vegetable.
- Training: – Prospective entrepreneurs are trained in various aspects of animal products, honey, fruits and vegetable processing. These include processing and preservation, quality management, product development and agro processing business management.
- Business incubation: – Various business entrepreneurs to receive technical assistance in form of training, technology transfer (equipment) and facilities provision and linkage to finance and market.
Establish appropriate, need-based resource Centre for training and capacity building (skills, knowledge) of local resource persons including artisans in production/promotion of appropriate and act as a conduit for transfer of appropriate SYSTEMS.
- Tools and Equipment– Procure, through a range of networks, appropriate technology equipment, tools and products for sale; provide skills training and after-sales advice and maintenance for users.
- Networking – Network and organize the rural producers, provide technical and managerial inputs to the rural enterprises and link up with local/regional/national agencies for technical, financial and marketing support, assistance and collaboration.
- Outreach – Establishment of organizational structures in rural locations for transfer of appropriate technologies, better management and marketing facilities for increasing rural prosperity. Transfer of need-based appropriate technologies through training programs, demonstration, dissemination, propagation and popularization with active community participation.
- Awareness – Dissemination of technological information of relevance through leaflets, brochures, bulletins, booklets, newsletters, CDs, films, Internet and other audio-visual aids.